Client Name: Galfar – Engineering & Contracting SAOG
Project: Infrastructure Migration
Technology: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft ASP .Net, Microsoft System Center Operation Manager, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Burp, NetSparker
Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG is one of the largest, multi-disciplined engineering, contracting and construction company in the Sultanate of Oman. Established in the year 1972, Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG, has today grown into one of the largest construction companies in the Middle East with a turnover of over US$1 billion.
The client had created a web application that involved users to digitally process information. This application was served as Software as a Service (SaaS) and hosted on a traditional on-premise data center.
The client was facing several challenges:
- Prohibitive cost of hosting dedicated servers regardless of usage of the systems and resources
- Time required to have application provision for each new instance for end user clients
- Time and resources required to manage servers, back-up, and infrastructure
- End user clients to store data in their own countries
- Scalability of resources on the servers
- Security and compliance as per the security policy
After careful evaluation for technical feasibility and commercial benefits, KalSoft proposed Microsoft Azure as the platform to enable this application.
Solution Being Implemented:
KalSoft solution included an in-depth analysis resulting in restructuring and rearchitecting of the application along with migration to Microsoft Azure. The application was already in use by the client end users, therefore the transition had to be seamless irrespective of data size and usage.
Following key tasks were involved in this transformation:
- Migration from single tenant to multi-tenant
- Infrastructure migration from on-premise to Azure cloud
- Multi-layer application architecture with logical boundaries
- Administrative interface to manage Azure storage
- Azure migration scripts for seamless transition
- Separate environments within Azure cloud for continuous development
- Single Sign-On with ADFS and SAML was implemented to ensure seamless authentication and navigation across applications
- Security standard were followed to ensure security of application, data and infrastructure
- Tests were conducted using testing tools that includes Burp, NetSparker etc.
Benefits To The Customer
- KalSoft provided a solution that has multitenant architecture within a secure, scalable and manageable environment
- It provided the structure that is easy to manage and can support multiple apps with big data sets
- Support for versioning and control on releases
- Compliant with security standards
- Cost control by paying around the usage of resources on the Azure platform
This Is Why We Do What We Do - Customer Testimonial
"KalSoft has expertise within cloud transformation, so I was confident to move forward with the project." - Zaffer Mohamed (IT Mnager)