Client Name: Oman Gas Company (OGC)
Project: Data center migration
Industry: Microsoft Azure, Microsoft ASP .Net, Microsoft System Center Operation Manager, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Azure Disaster Recovery Service, Azure Backup Service
Technology: Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft Office365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft ASP .Net, Active Directory, Exchange Online, Microsft SQL Server
Oman Gas Company (OGC) a midstream natural gas transportation company established in the year 2000 in the Sultanate of Oman.) a midstream natural gas transportation company established in the year 2000 in the Sultanate of Oman.
OGC was acquired by Oman Oil Company in the year 2013 prior to which it was a closed joint stock company between the Ministry of Oil & Gas (holding 80% of the shares) and Oman Oil company (holding the remaining 20%).
Royal Decree no. 78/2000 has granted the Company concession rights for 27 years to own, construct, maintain and operate natural gas facilities in the Sultanate.
The client had no offsite backup storage for its main on-premise data center – where most of the tendering and customer information is stored. That meant if a call location went down, there would be no way to manage data restoration.The client was facing several challenges:
- Inability to find secure backup location where data can be secured and stored without any ongoing maintenance
- Costs of replicating the server data to another location to gain an off-site backup was huge
- Security procedures to follow best practices were not clearly defined
Our SolutionKalSoft solution included migration to Microsoft Azure Disaster Recovery Solution and ongoing managed cloud support. Our proposed solution was aimed to achieve the following:
- Safeguard data against loss and damage
- Clean and effortless way to backup and restore data using defined procedure
- Eliminate maintenance of operating systems and anti-malware
- Access to 24/7 support help desk
- Save money with low setup, operation, management and overhead costs
Benefits To The Customer
With company data disaster recovery in place in the Azure cloud, the IT team no longer need to spend time updating costly infrastructure or wonder whether critical data will successfully restore during an outage. With ongoing managed cloud IT support from KalSoft, they can now focus on projects that will grow the bottom line while trusting KalSoft to expertly advise on its cloud computing strategy.
This Is Why We Do What We Do - Customer Testimonial
"Having ad-hoc KalSoft support hours will be helpful moving forward." - Ashraf Al Jaferi (Infrastructure Head)